* Why did my mother call me last Wednesday, the day before she had surgery to say, "I want to give you my recipe for sweet potato pie and potato salad". When I asked why, she said, "If you have to prepare Christmas dinner for the family you need to make some potato salad and sweet potato pies just in case." I screamed, "in case of what." She paused, "you know that anytime they put you to sleep during surgery there is no guarantee you are going to wake up, so you need to learn how to make these dishes." I was furious and scared, I can't lose my mother, I'm thinking. "No, you are going to make that stuff for Christmas or you can tell me how to make it before Christmas, right after your surgery. Anyway, why are you having this surgery if you think you are not going to be here after?" I wanted to know. "Don't get upset, I wanted you to know how to make these dishes because the only person that likes your sweet potato pie and potato salad is the dog. He really likes it".....
* Why does the person you help the most with improving their lives hurt you the worst? You give them all your time, job referrals, you may even hire the person, take them home when they are sick, defend them when they are being attacked on the job, and they turn right around and bite the hand that feeds them.
* Why do my shoes hurt my feet even when they are too big and are slipping off when I walk?
* How come you see so many people walking, but they have a cell phone on their ear talking like they are at home on the phone? If they save all the money from paying the huge cell phone bills they could buy a car.
* Why do so many people say I don't believe in God but the first time something bad happens to them they call on him for help? Then when they are okay or their problems are solved they go back to saying, ain't no such thing as God.
* Why does a woman fake orgasms when she would get more pleasure if she just told the man what they need to feel good?
* Why do so many people rent from rent -a-center paying all that money per week, almost twice what they would have to pay to purchase what they are renting?
* Why does people working in someone else store give away food, clothing, etc when folks are going through their line, and when the manager say we can't give out raises because we are in the red, the person screams murder.