Wednesday, December 14, 2005
I was Hit Again!
Groove's tag came at a great time for me. I am on deadline to complete two books this week for authors so I am limited in what I can post. Once this past though, I'll be back by weekend.
Here are the instructions: Write 5 random facts about yourself, and then list the names of 5 people you want to infect. Sounds simple enough.
* My family should be studied for a cancer gene. Since 1988 I lost five uncles, 1 female cousin, 2 aunts and 2 brothers from various forms of cancer. These were my mothers' brothers, 1 of their daughter, my mothers' two sisters, and her two oldest sons. This does not include other relatives and family members. This is my mothers' bloodline. Both my mothers' parents died from cancer too. I am always checking that I am okay.
* I lost one brother on Christmas Day. I was on my way to give him and other family members their Christmas presents. I was in the car on the highway when I received the phone call that he had died. Although he had mouth cancer, we were never told he was dying. He had asked for a particular cologne and I had it in my hand. It was a shocked to us, unexpected. He had moved in with my mother while he was going through radiation treatments. Christmas Day he slept too long and she went to wake him up and found him on the floor. Christmas just isn't the same. We left his room untouched and the door closed for more than a year after his death.
* I am a true shopaholic. I make my own self sick with this. I think I need counseling. I have so many clothes and shoes that I'm thinking about moving just to house them. The problem is this: once I purchase these items, I lose interest. So they just hang in my closets until I give them away or until my husband threaten to destroy them.
* I have supervised more than 600 people but have only had problems with 3 workers.
* I have fallen so in love with this child that I drive 60 miles a week just to hold her and kiss her cheek. She is only 7 months and already her closet is packed because now my bad habit includes her. I love this baby. Her name is Tamyra and she is my niece. My daughter thinks that it is my attempt to fill my soon to be empty nest because she will be leaving in August for college.
I tag Jazegma2, Dr. Deb, Shirazi, Michelle and Teenlife-2005.