Monday, May 18, 2009

How Do You Know When It is Over?

There are so many women who are in marriages that make them so unhappy. Unfortunately, they refuse to leave because they are living lifestyles they enjoy. Plus having any man is better than not having one at all.

How Do You Know When Your Marriage is Over?

# When you call each other hurtful names regularly like fat so, stupid, B%#$ch, Bastard, etc.

# When you no longer want to feel his or her touch.

# when you can not communicate without arguments.

# when all trust is gone.

So what's a person to do, when you still love each other? Could counseling help?

7 comments:

I am the Legacy! said...

I think if all of those questuiins have to be ask..it should not have begun in the first place. That all scares me already...so I proceed with caution anyway!

chele said...

Counseling can help if both parties believe that it can work. They have to want it to work. Trust can be rebuilt; people can learn to communicate again; old sparks can be reignited ... they just have to want it.

Dee said...

I am 100% in favor of counseling
but as Chele pointed out, both parties need to believe. . .if someone says "you're the one with the problem so you should go" well, that's a death sentence for the relationship.

Momma Bear said...

It's a coinsidence that I would happen to read this particular post tonight. I just wrote a post about a good friend who just lost her mate of over 25 years. They had a wonderful relationship. I'm sure they had their problems but whatever went on in their marriage; it was successful. This particular friend of mine had several losses in her family over the years and my heart goes out to her.

I also agree with Chele.

Anonymous said...

Co-signing with Chele too!

In addition, if God is invited and there is on-going counseling nothing is impossible.

TJ said...

If they still love each other, I don't see why counseling would not work. Both parties have to be willing to work, because it is real work.

BostonPobble said...

For me, it was when I realized that he was doing everything I had asked of him in counseling ~ and it wasn't mattering. It was too late. I didn't want to rebuild anything with him. It broke my heart into a million pieces and, at the same time, I knew it was over. (Obviously there is more ~ much more ~ to this story but I see no reason to write a book in your comments section!)