Sunday, August 17, 2008

What a Weekend!

This has been the most amazing weekend! It was class reunion time. A large number of classmates showed up and just seeing that so many of them were healthy, alive and kicking was a beautiful blessing.

I graduated with a class of 722 of 1,022 people. We were a very close-knit class and over the years we gathered back at reunion time with the same closeness even though we all had our own group of friends. Still, we all seemed to have much love for each other most of us returning to the class reunion with the same friends of the past. Even when someone dies, you can always find over fifty of us at the funeral. Our class is unique. Most of us really care about each other.

The three day weekend included a “Getting Acquainted Evening, Banquet, Picnic and church at one of our classmate’s church. As a matter of fact Reverend Rogers was not only a member of the class who was very popular in sports, but he was and I still considered is, a very good friend of mines. Not only that I instigated and asked my best friend to take out my best girl friend and the rest is history. They have been married for more than 25 years.

Soon I’ll post pictures of this weekend because it was so great to see old friends and meet their families. We are all so blessed.

6 comments:

Believer said...

I know you had fun reconnecting!

princessdominique said...

I haven't been to a reunion yet. Glad you had a blast.

TJ said...

I'm glad you had such a great reunion! My dad's class is the same way. My high school class is pretty close for the most part too.

Jdid said...

sounds like fun

Anonymous said...

I am looking forward to my high school reunion!

Thanks for always stopping by & reading! I hope all is well with you! :)

Dee said...

wow, that is cool--my graduating class wasn't close

and glad to see a profile pic!
now I can put a face with the words