Tuesday, February 06, 2007



The February Essence Magazine will picture Jennifer Hudson with the title, This Is Your Year. Jennifer is having a mighty good year and she deserves it after putting in such a great performance in Dreamgirls….

Have you ever had 15 minutes of fame or even felt that you were having the best year of your life? I can’t say that I had 15 minutes of fame, but the year my daughter was born was a good year……


Like the 15 year old who describe the exact truck that kidnapper Delvin was driving when he kidnapped the young boy from Missouri which led to the discover of another young boy kidnapped four years ago. Well, the hero is having his 15 minutes of fame because his description of the white truck saved not one boy but two teens. He has received a brand new 2007 Chevy Truck, full scholarships to several colleges, interviews on national TV, programs recognizing him with trophies and plenty of appreciation.

Another example is Barack Obama. This man had a fabulous year in 2006 and his 15 minutes of fame is lasting…….

Think about it will everyone experience their own 15 minutes of fame?

9 comments:

Jdid said...

I dont think I've had mine yet.

TDJ said...

I have not yet had mine. Not sure if everyone will get one. I don't think that I need one, but I wouldn't turn it down. *lol*

TJ said...

I think everyone has their time in the limelight, just on differing scales. Somebody's time was homecoming queen or band sweetheart or student body president or school board representative or mayor or president or movie star.

Shai said...

15 minutes of fame? I think everyone could have it. I agree with TJ in differing degrees.

I have not had my 15 minutes yet.

Jez Chill said...

I had my 15 minutes, I mean seconds... ok... it was about 3 seconds of a close up, in the movie The Gospel. I had folks all over the country hitting me up who recognized me. I'm the guy singing at church in my work clothes in the opening scene.

And there was that time when I was on CNN, cameras caught be getting arrested as I tried to cover up my face with a No Justice, No Peace sign during the Rodney King fiasco. A cousin recognized me, told my mom. That was more like... infamy. (no charges filed) :-)

Believer said...

No, I haven’t experienced 15 minutes of fame in the public's eye, although I have had all eyes on me at a women's conference for about an hour.

Shai said...

I can now say I have my 15 minutes of fame, so to speak, as a featured poet in the March 2007 edition of Essence magazine on page 189. Detrimental is the poem under the name Shai Lynn Kai Davis.

Michelle said...

I agree with tj -- I think we all will got those 15 minutes of fame -- our time to shine, maybe just not on a national stage. And to the degree folks are scrutinized on a national level, who would want that?

Anonymous said...

Teman saya pernah terkena kutil kelamin di sekitar bibir vaginanya, sangat mengerikan. di sekitar vagina tersebut di tumbuhi daging kaya kutil dan itu banyak sekali pokoknya menakutkan sekali. Tapi setelah minum obat Penyakit kutil kelamin wanita dari herbal, dalam waktu 2 hari sudah kering. Mantap banget virus HPV ini sehingga nanti kedepannya khsusunya untuk kaum pria dapat menjaga diri agar terhindar dari penyakit ini obat alternatif herbal paling manjur