Saturday, October 28, 2006


Yeah We are the Champions, We are the Champions!

Growing up I spent many evenings with my dad watching Cardinals' baseball games. My father and I were very close and I know that he is jumping all over the house. I want to call but he won't answer the phone after a certain time. But I know dad is so excited that I almost worried about him, screaming and jumping up and down. He's 72 now but I am glad his team won, because he is a true blue or is that true red fan. Yes, we won! The last game I watched with Dad was in 1982 which was the last time we won the World Series. Now I watch it with my husband..

Things that make me go MMMMHH....

Why is it that some people throw rocks and hide behind their hands? I guess that's the way you say that. What gives Rush Limbaugh the right or the nerves to talk negatively about Michael Fox. Is Rush so stupid not to know that Michael's illness has increased and that he forgoes medicine most of the time now? How can a drug addict and thief talk about someone else and others listen. Who's crazy, Rush or his audience?

He was one of my favorite actors years ago. I hate to see him and Muhammad Ali suffer with something that is not curable.

At least Michael has done something positive to help people with Parkinson Disease. He has raised 85 million. Wow! What has Rush done?

I finally heard Ruben's new song and I really do like it. I guess I will pick up his cd. I love both of his other ones. His gospel cd "I need an Angel" is great. Honestly, this young man can sing. This is the type of singing that last forever. This other stuff like no pun intended, Ring My Bell by Beyonce will be forgotten in a couple of weeks.

Have you all seen him lately? He looks great. He has lost nearly 100 pounds exercising and eating healthy. He is now a vegetarian.

Congratulations to the St. Louis Cardinals!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the Cardinals' win!! I was secretly hoping they would pull it off. I used to live in Missouri and I came to love them and the Rams very much, but I live in the D.C. metro area now, so...Go Redskins...and Nats(losers...lol).

Luke Cage said...

(Cage layed out on his stomach with face smashed into the ground!) I can't believe... they won... this just keeps getting worse and worse. First the Red Sox win the World Series and now... the Cardinals. I HATE the Cardinals. I can't even believe they got past the Mets.

...sighhh.. there is no joy.. (smile)

But I LOVE you Rosey! :) Congrats and a hearty one, I really mean that. My in-laws will be blowing up my phone all weekend so I have to prep myself for that. (working out, stretching, cracking knuckles...) bring it on..

No offense to your blog for curt language, but Rush is an asshole. I heard Michael J.'s condition is getting worse. I always liked Michael in his Back to the Future movies, The Hard Way and the Secret to my Success flicks. It's too bad the affliction that has him by the throat has no known cure. That pains me for him and anyone suffering through this disease...

Check out mr. Rueben. Glad to see he's had a change in lifestyle and become a healthy eater. Good for him. Have a great one Rose!

No_the_game said...

Yeah Yeah STL is the champ :)

Nosthegametoo is sad because his team lost :(

Now STL is going crazyyyyyyyyy

Luv,
Tired of Dating Game
NO_the_GAME

Dr. Deb said...

I tip my hat to you and the Red Birds. And Ruben's new CD is really great. It seems like it's been so long since he released something. Hope you and yours are having a restful cozy weekend.

~Deb

BostonPobble said...

YAY CARDS!!!!! (okay ~ I really didn't care less one way or the other ~ I'm a Red Sox fan, myself ~ until I read this post. What a great image of your dad! So for him, I say...) YAY CARDS!!!!!!

Clare said...

Congrats on the Cardinals and thanks for the Michael J Fox stuff. I had no idea who the guy was that was staying all those things. I only watched Back to the Future the other day.

Drea Inspired said...

rush is stupid.

Ruben looks fabulous! His voice is like silk...just plain smooth.

The Gig said...

I can imagine your dad jumping up and down in excitement over his team winning. Being 75 years old and having that kind of energy is great. My dad is 86 years old and won't stop lifting heavy things and constantly moving (doing something) all the time.

I also feel bad for Michael J. Fox and Muhammad Ali because I have always admired them both.

The Sarccastik Variable Why said...

congrats...even though i was rooting for the METS and freakin...beltran didn't do anything but look at that damn pitch...I SCREAMED OUT WATCH OUT FOR THE SLIDER...anyway..i gotta root for anyteam in the national league (remember braves fan here)

fox - i saw the ad and it killed me to watch him like that..i used to watch his show when he was a teenager..i forgot the name of it but it was hella funny....it's just a disgrace that a limbaugh would say that it's a political ploy and some folks ain't smart enough to disagree with his DUMB AZZ....

studdard...he's from my hometown (birmingham)..i might have to cop his CD...glad he lost the weight...

Fresh said...

LOL...Beyonce's song is "Ring the Alarm" and it is garbage IMO but as trained consumers we buy whatever is presented to us. It's all in the marketing.

Michelle said...

Yeah Cards! This year, Missouri was home to the best and worst teams in baseball! Our Royals got to get it together, so we can duke it out in another 1-70 Series with the Cards! (I know, I'm not holding my breath.)

Rush truly showed his ignorance by attacking Michael J. Fox. MJF definitely has taken the high road when it comes to Rush. He's so articulate and informed about stem cell research and he's living with Parkinsons in such a proud and graceful way.

Rueben reminds me of those old skool singers who had real skillz. Can you say Luther!??? He's not like some singers of today who sound all good with studio magic's help but sound mad crazy and like crap when they are live in concert.

Shawn said...

rush is a pitiful, ignorant jackass. You are right to wonder, who is crazy? Rush or is audience? That man should absolutely not have a talk show.

Anonymous said...

Teman saya pernah terkena kutil kelamin di sekitar bibir vaginanya, sangat mengerikan. di sekitar vagina tersebut di tumbuhi daging kaya kutil dan itu banyak sekali pokoknya menakutkan sekali. Tapi setelah minum obat Penyakit kutil kelamin wanita dari herbal, dalam waktu 2 hari sudah kering. Mantap banget virus HPV ini sehingga nanti kedepannya khsusunya untuk kaum pria dapat menjaga diri agar terhindar dari penyakit ini obat alternatif herbal paling manjur