Friday, August 30, 2013

Abusing Your Elderly Parents Will Come Back on You!


I don’t understand how children can take advantage of their elderly parents. I am very proud to have the opportunity to share myself, abilities and love with my parents, especially now, when they have aged. I would never steal their money, hurt, or abuse their trust and love. But there are some children who are stealing from their elderly parents and instead of paying their bills; they are taking the money to use on their own needs. Yet, when you see these children or read their Facebook posts, they are asking you to pray for their ailing parents or they are talking about God and their Christianity.

 The Bible reads in Exodus 20:12

Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.

Growing up I remember my mother teaching us about the Bible. I remembered this from Sunday and Sabbath Schools. When children treat their parents badly, disrespect them, steal and curse at their parents, their lives would be cut short.

To those children, who are robbing their parent’s blind, and trying to act all holy and sanctified, please know that God will uncover your sins. Leaving your parents without food, phones and electricity is horrible. I say this to you, God will remember, and Karma is something else.

It is something when I talk to folks, and they reveal stories about their siblings and their lack of love and attention to their parents. I feel so bad for seniors who are experiencing this and pray God will continue to hug and comfort them. If you know seniors being abused there are hotline numbers you can call, no one should suffer abuse.

To all my siblings, nieces and nephews who are helping me with my parents, you’re the best, and we appreciate everything you're doing.

 

2 comments:

BostonPobble said...

This is one I don't get either, Rose. If they were such monsters that you cannot be in their lives (and I acknowledge there are such people, as sad as it makes me), then remove yourself from their lives. Period. Don't abuse or take advantage. And if they weren't such monsters, then respect who they were, who they are, and who they are yet to be.

Rose said...

Indeed! Don't hang around them if you don't care for them. But if you decide to be there with them, treat them with goodness, fairness and care.