Sunday, April 07, 2013

Sisters

I love my siblings. My sister Neicy is such a good person. She is the best cook around, decorator, dresser, and creator of beautiful craft pieces. I called her for because I need help to remove stuff from my home. Me: Sis please come stay with me for a couple of weeks. I need help getting rid of things. There is too much here and I feel overloaded. Her: When do you want me to come? Me: Next week. I don’t know where to start. Take what you want but help me to unload this unnecessary clutter. Her: No problem. I’ll be there Saturday night. Today my sister cooked a magnificent dinner for the entire clan at mom’s house. We had a mix of cabbage and greens, baked chicken, Mac and Cheese (she has to cook this often because we have a lot of kids around and they love Mac and Cheese. We had string beans-potatoes and neck bones, hot water cornbread, and yams. Years ago she came to take care of me when I had surgery. She gave me a bell to ring for her service as my bedroom was on the second level and she spent a lot of time on the first floor. I ranged the bell regularly and by the end of the 2nd day she came upstairs and took the bell and stormed down the steps. I still laugh at that. She stayed with me for 8 weeks until I regained my health. Friends may come and go, but a sister’s love is for a life time.

3 comments:

S A J Shirazi said...

Group of such nice ladies all at one place. happy to reconnect Rose.

BostonPobble said...

what great pictures. beautiful women, all of you!

Dee said...

You have a lovely sister!