Wednesday, September 30, 2009


Pray for our Males

I will never watch the video of Derrion Albert. I could not, as a parent see another mothers' son being brutally murdered.

All I want right now is for young black males to stop killing each other, to have hope and stop feeling so hopeless. I want sisters to stop giving guys drama who want to see their children even if they are not paying child support, even if they don't want the mother of their child. I want mothers to allow fathers into the lives of their sons. Our males need role models and they need their fathers in their lives. If we as a people don't do something to help these young males, our future will perish.........

Nobody can save our children but us. Let's do something now!

2 comments:

TJ said...

I want women to choose men who love them and want to build a life with them as opposed to the ones who have swagger and street cred.

BostonPobble said...

I refuse to watch this video as well. How can we do that? How can we take this young man's death and make it entertainment? The whole thing broke my heart, for so many reasons.