My Keys to Life
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone. -- Bill Cosby
When Bill made this quote I didn’t understand it until I found myself so wrapped up in everybody’s situation that I begin to lose sight of myself and my dreams. Now I understand it. You see you can’t please people all the time. No matter what you do, for some it may be enough but for most, it isn’t.
So what happens is this: people keep coming back for more and if you keep trying to help you are giving yourself to someone else’s dream while allowing yours to fall apart. So now that I know better I can do better for myself.
- I learned that words really do hurt.
- That we should teach a man to fish (eat) for a lifetime and not just for a day
- I can’t be all things to people.
- Aging is a beautiful thing
- Unemployment sucks and ruins lives when people are used to working and earning a living.