Wednesday, July 25, 2007

What a Week!

There's been a lot in the media this week. So much is going on that it's hard not to comment. My mother always said that if you can't say something positive, don't say anything. So let me see if I can say something positive about some of these negative events.

Michael Vicks, Atlanta Falcons' quarterback is being accused of being a heavy weight in the sport of dogfighting according to an ESPN report. I could not imagine someone allowing another dog to beat my sweetheart Ebony.


If a man can stand to see a dog suffer what would he do with his woman? I want to believe that this story is untrue. Hopefully Vick was in the wrong place at the wrong time. This is all a misunderstanding.

Brittany Spears is losing her mind. Someone needs to step in to save this girl. Hopefully people who want their children to be entertainers will use Brittany, Lindsey, and all the other brat pack to teach their potential starlets not to take their blessings for jest. Hopefully parents who push their children in this arena will work hard to help their children feel normal, by putting them in normal situations like schools, churches, etc. to keep their feet on the ground. It's easy to lose your head when everyone caters to you because they want something from you. Parents have to help keep children grounded before they reach that teen age and think that they can do what ever they want without penalties. These young women need help and folks needs to step back and leave them alone. Remove the cameras and let them get their lives in order.

Other things happening includes professional referee gambling and doing illegal things to make money off games. Did this include making unfair calls against players and their teams? Rappers shooting and trying to kill folks, and breaking all kinds of laws. Money is truly the root of all evil. It's time to stop lining their pockets and purchasing their music. They need to understand that easy come, easy go applies to those who choose to live by their on laws. But we don't need to help finance them.

Now this:

I found these on a website of one of our radio station. When I was young I loved me some Michael Jackson. I thought he was a cutie. But the artist who interpreted these pictures of how he would age is wrong. You can look at his fine brother Marlon to see how Michael would look without the plastic surgery.








Now Tara Banks is one of my favorite people because she keeps it real. She told all the models and starlets trade secrets about picture touch ups and other stuff that made these women more normal. No need of me stressing out that I don't have a perfect body when the faces that grace the magazines have received touch ups. So when I saw this photo of Serena I thought wow, she looks great. But then someone sent this shot of her on the beach with her boyfriend. Now I see what they mean about touch ups. But still this young lady is a class act. She's here in St. Louis this week, injured but still working with our youths teaching them the sport.




14 comments:

joshua said...

It's so nice for me to have found this blog of yours, it's so interesting. I sure hope and wish that you take courage enough to pay me a visit in my PALAVROSSAVRVS REX!, and plus get some surprise. My blog is also so cool! Don't think for a minute that my invitation is spam and I'm a spammer. I'm only searching for a public that may like or love what I write.

Feel free off course to comment as you wish and remember: don't take it wrong, don't think that this visitation I make is a matter of more audiences for my own blogg. No. It's a matter of making universal, realy universal, all this question of bloggs, all the essential causes that bring us all together by visiting and loving one another.

You must not feel obliged to come and visit me. An invitation is not an intimation. Also know that if you click on one of my ads I'm promised to earn a couple of cents for that: I would feel happy and rewarded (because I realy need it!!!) if you did click it, but once again you're totaly free to do what ever you want. I, for instance, choose immediatly to click on one of your ads, in case you have them. To do so or not, that's the whole beauty of it all, however, blogocitizens must unite also by clicking-help eachother when we know cybermegacorporations profit from our own selfishness regarding to that simple click.

I think it's to UNITE MANKIND that we became bloggers! Don't see language as an obstacle but as a challenge (though you can use the translater BabelFish at the bottom of my page!) and think for a minute if I and the rest of the world are not expecting something like a broad cumplicity. Remenber that pictures talk also. Open your heart and come along!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Rose!
Michael Vicks is just an idiotic, vicious, immoral fool.

Gina said...

Is Joshua for real? ^

I think Vicks is guilty, and I feel so bad for the animals that are subjected to this immoral sport. As far as Serena, I would take either of those bodies, lol!

Dr. Deb said...

I admire Tyra Banks. She had to fight hard early in her career and I think she does try to celebrate all kinds of beauty. I used to have MJ posters all over my wall as a kid. HArd to believe who he is now, let alone how he looks now. And Michael Vicks, I don't even know what to say. I mean, how can people sit by and watch animals fight and get hurt. I do hope it was bad timing on his part...but time will tell, I guess.

Happy almost Friday,
Deb

Clare said...

Wow they really did touch Serena up! At least she's not afraid to flaunt her real body on the beach.

Great post Rose and hope all is ok with you.

Shai said...

That aged pic of Mike looks more like Tito. LOL.

S A J Shirazi said...

How are you Rose?

BostonPobble said...

Michael was cute wasn't he? And yes, Marlon is fine as well.

The Michael Vick thing ~ I can't read about it. I can't watch it. If he was in the wrong place at the wrong time, I hope he isn't punished. But I do want to know what's going on with all the other people who were helping these atrocities occur who aren't famous NFL stars?

I've always thought Serena was a class act (and Venus, as well, she's just quieter.) Glad to hear she's doing some good.

kathi said...

The Vicks story, well, I can't stand to even think about it. If he's guilty, I'd like for them to have him thrown into one of the dog fights.

I'd had MAJOR crushes on MJ...why he had to ruin a good thing, don't know.

Love Tyra.

I can't believe the changes in the 2 pics, makes me wonder what they could do with this body I'm carrying around. :)

Momma Bear said...

Michael was a very nice looking person before he decided to change his looks. I think the aged pictures of him look better than he does now since he messed himself up with the plastic surgeries.

Believer said...

Picture touch ups are for real! They showed one on Faith Hill on television with the before and after a touch up. They fix every wrinkle and erase excess meat. I can see they did the same for Serena.

Izz said...

Nice picks. Interesting blog.

Anonymous said...

New to your spot and have enjoyed reading a few of your entries. The thing that made me want to comment though are the pics of Serena. I'm neutral on her, but I did have the pleasure of meeting her at the STL event and even taking a picture. I don't know about those beach pictures but I'll tell you that up front, live and in person, she is an attractive person...far more than the image in the beach pics. (I even pulled out my pic to compare). Of course, who looks good coming out of the ocean with glasses on?

Anyway, great reading here.

Anonymous said...

Teman saya pernah terkena kutil kelamin di sekitar bibir vaginanya, sangat mengerikan. di sekitar vagina tersebut di tumbuhi daging kaya kutil dan itu banyak sekali pokoknya menakutkan sekali. Tapi setelah minum obat Penyakit kutil kelamin wanita dari herbal, dalam waktu 2 hari sudah kering. Mantap banget virus HPV ini sehingga nanti kedepannya khsusunya untuk kaum pria dapat menjaga diri agar terhindar dari penyakit ini obat alternatif herbal paling manjur