Why won't they Listen?
Statisticians keep saying that the pregnancy rate for teenagers has dropped, particularly in African American neighborhoods. This must be an April Fools' joke because all I see are teens having their first and second child. This week alone I have met at least five teens who have lap babies and are pregnant again. Two of whom I believe didn't even heal before they were making babies again. The thing that makes me angry is this:
1. How are they going to feed these babies without an education. Most of them drop out because things are too difficult when they have a child without the support of the babies' daddies and their own parents.
2. They can't find jobs that will pay more than minimum wage and since it’s been $5.15 for ten years and just recently failed passage again, there’s' no chance of an increase it seems, ever. Therefore, these teens will become the working poor, possibly living stacked up with relatives because you can't do much with that amount of money.
3. Teens can't find jobs without an education and without an education they can't find a decent paying job and without a decent paying job can't get a house, transportation or health insurance.Yet, they continue to have sex too young and without protection.
4. Women know that sex is a mind game. If a women's mind is in a bad state, most don't want to have sex. But sometimes in order to please the spouse, or lover a woman can turn her mind on to become sexy even when she doesn't feel like it. Does a teenager really understand sex?
5. Does these young girls have orgasms or are the just allowing this guys to hump on them because of peer pressure or maybe they are so hot they are boiling over.
Finally, I wish that teens would listen. I was told that when folks know better they will do better, so why is it that teens sit in lecture after lecture, participate in role-plays, etc. and still will lay down, not use birth control, risk their health and drop out when they know this will lead to nothing but poverty?