Friday, January 06, 2012


Growing up there were many things I wasn’t allowed to do. My parents had rules that we had to follow. Mostly I tried to obey them. Mom wouldn’t allow me to wear an ankle bracelet. I wanted to badly because they looked so sexy to me. Mom thought it made young girls look like hookers. (She wanted me to stay in my place-) I’ll never forget when she caught me wearing one. She wasn’t mad, but she expressed her opinion. I didn’t think my wearing an ankle bracelet was a bad thing. But now I understand. I WAS trying to look sexy before my time, even though then I couldn’t admit it. What rule/rules did your mom have that didn’t make sense to you but now you understand?

1 comment:

Dee said...

no nail polish, makeup, movies, playing cards, profanities, jewelry, boys, questionable literature. . .

I still don't understand some of the rules honestly. Some of her rules were cultural, others were out of fear. But if you want to take away so much from kids, you have to give them something healthy in return. . .