Monday, December 21, 2009


The Real Meaning of Christmas
I’m not scrooge. I have three nieces who are 20, 21, & 21. For most of their lives I have bought them Christmas and random gifts. But they now have a child each of their own. So imagine when they asked, what are you getting me for Christmas and I responded, nothing. I am getting your kids something but the minute you had your babies you became women. They actually got mad. Christmas for me is about joy, families, acknowledging your blessings, Christ and yes I do purchase gifts for children. But once you have a child, your stuff is passed on. If I didn’t do it this way, imagine how many gifts I would be buying year after year.

2 comments:

Deb Sistrunk Nelson said...

Your nieces will get over it. :-)
Merry Christmas, Rose.

Dee said...

ha! They got mad?
I hope you had a good laugh.