Tuesday, August 11, 2009


This is crazy.........

This man has been sitting in jail now for 21 days.....for yawning in court.

This photo released by the Will County Sheriff on Tuesday, Aug. 11, 2009, shows Clifton Williams who is facing six months in jail for yawning as his cousin was being sentenced for a drug charge on July 23. One prosecutor in the Joliet, Ill., courtroom described as loud and boisterous, but Williams' cousin says it wasn't outrageous. Six months is the maximum sentence judges can give for criminal contempt without a jury trial.

4 comments:

Cherlyn Michaels said...

I heard about this. Absolutely ridiculous!

TJ said...

I saw this story. I was like JAIL for yawning? Really?

Dr. Deb said...

What? That is ridiculous.

Anonymous said...

I had not heard this story. Very few things shock me nowadays, but this is simply ridiculous!