Monday, December 29, 2008


The Real Meaning of Christmas - Family!



This has been an amazing Christmas for me. Not because of gifts and other things that truly does not represent the real meaning of this holiday, but because I spent it with my family, as well as my nieces, nephews, siblings and my parents. We simply had a great time just being together.

Although mom had to have emergency plumbing because the one pipe at moms in the guest room actually burst but it ended up only costing $286.00. We had a ball at moms then we packed into cars and went to visit dad and his common-law wife. Mom went too. She said she had fun but she may have felt a little jealous that we had a good time with dad’s girl in the house. But my parents have a 40 year history together, 33 of them as husband and wife. So I didn’t want to leave her out. Plus she is part owner of the house. Mom and dad’s girlfriend was very cordial to each other and laughed and talked.

During the visit I found out that mom have known the woman for more than 30 years. She is the sister to my father brother’s wife. So there may have been some hanky panky stuff way back. But still my parents are very good friends and really care about each other so there was no shame in my game. Mom always goes with us when we visit. Both she and dad always worry about each other so this is a good way for them to see each other more than once a month. Dad and mom go to the grocery store together once a month around the first of the month, and the rest of the month they are always asking questions about each other. Should they have ever divorced? No because they still have deep feelings for each other. But mom said that she wouldn’t want to be with him again as his wife.

On another note, hubby bought my daughter and me a Wii. We have been exercising daily with this game system. It is quite interesting. I only get in about 30 minutes while my daughter does an hour or more. But we work out together and we are having a ball. Hubby said that he’s glad we are working out but if we stop before thirty days he is taking it back. Yeah right! I hope we stay motivated. I want to lose about 40 pounds and my daughter wants to lose 10, no more than 15.

Family means the world to me…

I hope your holiday has been a blessing for each of you…..

5 comments:

Cherlyn Michaels said...

Hope you had a Merry Christmas with your family. Have a Happy New Year. :-)

BostonPobble said...

Rose, this sounds like a lovely time and one you and your family deserved! Presents and ribbons and stockings are great ~ don't get me wrong! ~ and yet...it's the people around us that make the holiday.

Clare said...

I'm glad you had such a lovely Christmas, Rose. I hope you have a good New Year and that 2009 will be a great year.

Deb Sistrunk Nelson said...

I'm glad you had such a wonderful Christmas. Family is sooo important.

I hope you keep us posted on using Wii in your fitness efforts. I think it's cool that you and your daughter are working out together.

Happy New Year, Rose!

Believer said...

Having family around during the holidays makes it that much more special.

I so want Wii Fit for Christmas next year!