Monday, December 01, 2008

LIAR ON THE JOB


A friend posed this situation to me: What would you do?
You are new at a large agency and someone is going around lying on you. You command respect and a large paycheck but a person is walking around trying to make people think you two are an item. Everybody has heard the lies and they are all sitting back waiting until you lose everything if you succumb to this madness. Would you warn the person or sit back and hope they have the professionalism and the strength to resist temptation and be the professional they were hired to be?

3 comments:

princessdominique said...

Wow people are crazy. Time will tell. I think if you start having to verify one thing you'll have to verify every piece of gossip. Let them talk.

TJ said...

Wow. I might tell the person to strongly consider not getting their meat and bread at the same place, but that would depend on whether that person was a friend.

Deb Sistrunk Nelson said...

I've actually worked in a situation very similar to this one, and I watched the crazy person do this with two different executives. I liked the executives but decided that I needed to mind my own business.