Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Question?




I am trying to think of something that will take my mind off the economy. So much is happening and too many folks are suffering. Everyday I fear seeing the news or opening up a newspaper because another company is closing and people are losing their jobs with possibly no way of getting another one too soon. So today I am going to talk about something else. Let’s see! What about this?

Is Beyonce getting lighter or as they say whiter?


How does one change their skin color over their entire body? Another question… why can’t you love yourself enough to really be you? I mean people loved her darker, so why the change?

5 comments:

princessdominique said...

I think she is getting lighter, and I wanted to thank you for what you did Rose. You are beautiful people!

Dee said...

I don't think she's getting lighter.
I think it's lighting, editing, and photography.
I'm no fan but I think she is smart. She's very careful to show very little of herself, her personality, her private life to the public. What we see is what she wants us to see--but also what we want to see. I think certain hairstyles, clothing, and makeup choices are made because they will appeal to the largest number of people. But I think her secrecy and seclusion is a way of protecting the woman who is at the core.

chele said...

I agree with GC. I think the photo editors believe that light is better so they make her photos look lighter. They did they same thing with OJ Simpson only they made him look darker on the cover of Time magazine ... you know because they believe that being dark is a bad thing.

S A J Shirazi said...

Sometime people just ask for a change. No?

Gina said...

The funny thing is that while I respect her ability as a singer and marketing herself, I cannot condone her allowing herself to be "misrepresented" in the interest of appearing lighter, longer, leaner and "altered egoish" just to broaden her base. She is married to one of the basest, grittiest men in hip-hop, so what is there to protect in terms of image?